- 5 Days
- $5,200 excl GST
- Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 (CIPTV1) v1.0 is a five-day course that prepares the learner for implementing a Cisco Collaboration solution at a single-site environment. This course focuses primarily on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 10.x, which is the call-routing and signaling component for the Cisco Collaboration solution Lab exercises included in the course help learners to perform post installation tasks, configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager, implement MGCP and H.323 and, SIP trunks, and build dial plans to place single site on-cluster and off-cluster calling for voice and video. Learners will also implement media resources, audio and video conferencing, and describe QoS.
After you complete this course you will be able
- Describe the role of Cisco Unified Communications Manager
in a Cisco Collaboration Solution , including its functions,
architecture, deployment and redundancy options, and how to deploy
endpoints, users and Cisco IP Phone Services.
- Describe the functions and the purpose of a dial plan
and how to implement on-cluster calling.
- Provide an introduction to QoS with emphasis on the QoS
components often referred to as the QoS toolkit, that are used to
provide services for various business applications. Describe
how to configure MGCP, H.323 and SIP gateways.
- Describe the types of media resources that Cisco Unified
Communications Manager supports, how to configure Cisco Unified
Communications Manager server software-based media resources and
how to implement Cisco hardware-based media resources.
- Create a Dial Plan that supports inbound and outbound
off-cluster calling for numbers and URIs.
- Describe how to implement audio and video conferencing devices
that can be used with Cisco Unified Communications Manager,
built-in Cisco Unified Communications Manager software audio
bridge, Cisco IOS-based audio and video conference bridges and
Cisco TelePresence conferencing products including Cisco
TelePresence MSE 8000, Cisco TelePresence Server, Cisco
TelePresence MCU and Cisco TelePresence Conductor.
Network engineers deploying Cisco IP Telephony and
Video solutions. Individuals looking to achieve the CCNP
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer
networking, including LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and
to enable VLANs and DHCP
- Basics of digital interfaces, PSTN, and VoIP
- Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks
- Prior attendance of the following is recommended: ICND1 and
ICND2 or CCNABC, CICD and CIVND2.
Register now for this course
Please take special note of the course prerequisites as it is important that you meet these requirements before attending the course. If you have any questions about dates or locations please dont hesitate to make an enquiry contact us on 0800 835 835.
No classes currently scheduled in your location?Enquire about this course
Interested in a private class? Enquire about a private class