After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Open Microsoft Excel and identify the components of the
Excel interface; identify spreadsheet areas and terminology; create
and save a workbook; navigate worksheets; and enter and edit text
• Create simple mathematical formulas; move and copy formulas
using AutoFill and use Paste Link; view formulas in a spreadsheet;
work with relative and absolute references; and use the SUM
function, AutoSum, and other common functions to perform
calculations in a worksheet.
• Modify a worksheet by inserting and deleting ranges, rows,
and columns; find and replace text and data; check spelling and use
the other research and proofing tools.
• Format text, cells, rows, and columns; apply colour and
borders; format numbers; apply conditional formats; use the Format
Painter; and create and use templates.
• Preview and print a worksheet; set page orientation and
margins; create and format headers and footers; and print
• Manage worksheets by inserting, renaming, deleting, moving
and copying sheets; navigate Excel views and set workbook
Anyone new to Microsoft Excel or those with limited
To ensure success on this course, you should be familiar with
using personal computers and should have experience using a
keyboard and mouse.