After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Add animations and transitions in a Windows Store app to
improve the user experience.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI.
- Brand the Windows Store app and improve the loading experience
with a splash screen.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching
strategy for their Windows Store app, and use advanced file access
- Create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create
and consume WinMD components.
- Implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To
- Work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- Capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act
upon sensor data.
- Implement Windows Store trial licensing and in-app purchasing
- Understand how to manage Windows authentication and web
authentication in Windows Store apps.
- Diagnose problems and monitor application behaviour by using
tracing and profiling tools and APIs.
This course is intended for professional developers who
have one or more years of experience creating applications for a
production environment and who are comfortable programming in
Before attending this course, students must have:
- 6 - 12 months experience programming in HTML5.
- 3 - 6 months experience using Visual Studio 2012 (including
experience using preview builds).
- Minimum one month of experience working on Windows 8 apps.
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1
or more years of experience creating applications for a production