After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Windows 8.1 platform and features, and explore the
basics of a Windows app interface.
- Create the User Interface layout and structure by using
- Use data binding to present data in the UI.
- Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
- Handle files and streams.
- Respond to application lifecycle events using Process Lifetime
Management and the PLM extensibility points provided by the Visual
Studio 2013 templates.
- Use templates to create the UI.
- Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
- Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and
- Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store
- Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including
- Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an
This course is intended for professional developers who
have 1 to 2 years of experience creating client applications and
who are comfortable programming in C# and have done some XAML-based
Before attending this course, students must have:
- 1 or more years of experience creating applications
- 1 to 3 months experience creating Windows client
- 1 to 3 months experience using Visual Studio 2010 or 2012
- Attended Course 20483: Programming in C# or equivalent