After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the Windows 8 platform and features, and explore the
basics of a Windows app interface.
• Create the User Interface layout and structure.
• Apply the MVVM pattern to application design.
• Implement the AppBar and layout controls.
• Use templates to create the UI.
• Use data binding to present data in the UI.
• Handle files and streams.
• Design and implement Process Lifetime Management (PLM).
• Handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
• Implement Semantic Zoom.
• Design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and
• Implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store
• Respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including
• Deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1
or more years of experience in creating applications.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• 1 or more years of experience creating applications.
• 1 - 3 months experience creating Windows client
• 1 - 3 months experience using Visual Studio 2010 or
• Material taught in 20480A: Programming in HTML5 with
This course maps to the 70-481
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted – call us to enquire