After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a
• Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style
• Add interactivity to an HTML5 page by using
• Create HTML5 forms by using different input types, and
• Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by
using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
• Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
• Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web
• Create Web applications that support offline
• Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices
and form factors.
• Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas
elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
• Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an
• Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web
application and a server.
• Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that
performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
The course is intended for developers who have at least six
months of professional experience and who are interested in
(either Windows Store apps or IE10 apps for the Web). While the
students may have little or no HTML5 coding experience, they should
have some experience with HTML4.
Students choosing to attend this course without a developer
background should pay special attention to the training
prerequisites. Developers who have more than 5 years programming
experience may find that portions of this training are fundamental
in nature when presenting the syntax associated with certain
In addition to their professional, students who attend this
training should have a combination practical and conceptual
knowledge related to HTML5 programming. This includes the following
• Understand the basic HTML document structure:
o Use HTML tags to display text content.
o Use HTML tags to display graphics.
o Use HTML APIs.
• Understand how to style common HTML elements using CSS,
o Separating presentation from content.
o Managing content flow.
o Managing positioning of individual elements.
o Managing content overflow.
o Basic CSS styling.
and CSS3, can also attend this course.
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted – call us to enquire