After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design a resilient enterprise voice solution
- Design and configure network services for Lync 2013
- Configure Lync Server 2013 voice features
- Implement emergency voice services
- Plan and configure a Lync Online or hybrid solution
This course is intended for IT Consultants and
Telecommunications consulting professionals with at least three
months experience designing, planning, deploying, and maintaining
solutions for unified communications (UC) with particular emphasis
on enterprise voice over Internet protocol (VOIP). The student
should be able to translate business requirements into technical
architecture and design for a UC solution. The student should also
have basic Windows Server 2012 navigation skills.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Minimum of two years of experience with Microsoft Lync
technologies or similar telephony systems.
- Completed Course 20336, Core Solutions of Microsoft Lync
Server 2013 or equivalent knowledge of deploying Lync
Server 2013 or Lync Online.
- Experience deploying Lync clients, including end user and
common area devices.
- Familiarity with security, networking and high availability
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting on Windows
- Understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Experience managing an application remotely using Windows
PowerShell 2.0 or newer.