After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts behind Windows
- Work with the Pipeline
- Understand How the Pipeline Works
- Use PSProviders and PSDrives
- Format Output
- Use WMI and CIM
- Prepare for Scripting
- Moving From a Command to a Script to a Module
- Administer Remote Computers
- Put the various Windows PowerShell components together
- Use Background Jobs and Scheduled Jobs
- Use Advanced PowerShell Techniques and Profiles
This course is intended for IT Professionals already experienced
in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration or
already experienced in administering and supporting Application
servers and services including applications like Exchange,
SharePoint, and SQL. It is broadly intended for students who want
to use Windows PowerShell to automate administrative tasks from the
command line, using any Microsoft or independent software vendor
(ISV) product that supports Windows PowerShell manageability.
This course is not intended to be a scripting or programming
course, and includes only basic coverage of scripting and
programming topics. Students are not expected to have prior
scripting or programming experience, and are not expected to have
prior Windows PowerShell experience
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Previous Windows Server and Windows Client management
knowledge and hands on experience.
- Experience installing and configuring Windows Server into
existing enterprise environments, or as standalone
- Knowledge and experience of network adapter configuration,
basic Active Directory user administration, and basic disk
- Knowledge and hands on experience specifically with Windows
Server 2012/Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8/Windows 8.1 would
be of benefit but is not essential.
MOC On-Demand combines high-quality video, reading, live
hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format to
help you build skills on Microsoft technologies as your
schedule allows-all at once or five minutes at a time. The
modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning
needs and learning style.
The Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning solution enables you to learn
whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is
available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through
a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and
delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
On-Demand products provide:
- Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 90
days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop
when you need to.
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days from the point of
purchase, allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the
- Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they've
mastered the content.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC)
manual for reference both during and after your course.
- A certification voucher
- Access to our highly-skilled Microsoft Certified Trainers via
our MOC On-Demand Yammer group.
Frequently asked questions about MOC
- After payment is received, you will receive an email with a
course code to redeem, along with other details for getting started
with your course.
- After you activate your course, you have three months to
- You have six months to activate your course after the course
code is purchased.
- Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are modular. Each module
takes between three and eight minutes to watch. And each module
contains one or two questions to test your comprehension. At the
end of the course, you'll find an assessment of at least 25
- For technical support, visit the Microsoft training and certification help