After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the key features of SharePoint 2013
• Design an information architecture
• Design logical and physical architectures
• Install and configure SharePoint Server 2013
• Create web applications and site collections
• Plan and configure service applications
• Manage users and permissions
• Configure authentication for SharePoint 2013
• Secure a SharePoint 2013 deployment
• Manage taxonomy
• Configure user profiles
• Configure enterprise search
• Monitor and maintain a SharePoint 2013 environment
The course is targeted at experienced IT Professionals
interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy and manage
SharePoint Server 2013 installations in either the data center or
Students typically have more than four years of hands-on
experience* planning and maintaining SharePoint and other core
technologies upon which SharePoint depends, including Windows
Server 2008 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL
Server 2008 R2 or later, Active Directory, and networking
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
•Is an IT professional who plans, implements, and maintains a
multi-server deployment of SharePoint Server 2013.
•Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience,
with SharePoint Online.
•Has broad familiarity with SharePoint workloads.
•Have experience with business continuity management, including
data backup, restoration, and high availability.
•Has experience with authentication and security
•Has experience with Windows PowerShell.
•Hands-on experience or job experience is considered a
solutions-based role where the candidate works within the solutions
space covered by SharePoint, working on multiple solutions in the
SharePoint space that includes document management, content
management, and search.
The secondary audience for this course are Business Application
Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the administering
line-of-business (LOB) projects in conjunction with internal
business customers would benefit from an understanding of how to
manage SharePoint Server 2013.
Administrators who are entirely new to SharePoint will gain some
benefit from the course, but it is recommended that they
familiarize themselves with the basic concepts of the SharePoint
platform before attending.
An ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience
with deploying and administering multiple SharePoint 2010 farms
across a large enterprise. Because many customers skipped upgrading
from SharePoint 2007, a candidate can also have at least 2 years of
experience with SharePoint 2007 and knowledge of the differences
between 2007 and 2010, particularly the Service Application model.
A candidate can demonstrate the following skills:
•Software management in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or
Windows Server 2012 environment.
•Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually and in
•Administering Internet Information Services (IIS).
•Configuring Active Directory for use in authentication,
authorization and as a user store.
•Managing an application remotely using Windows PowerShell
•Connecting applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
•Implementing Claims-based Security.
MOC On-Demand combines high-quality video, reading, live
hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format to
help you build skills on Microsoft technologies as your
schedule allows-all at once or five minutes at a time. The
modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning
needs and learning style.
The Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning solution enables you to learn
whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is
available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through
a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and
delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
On-Demand products provide:
- Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 90
days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop
when you need to.
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days from the point of
purchase, allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the
- Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they've
mastered the content.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC)
manual for reference both during and after your course.
- A certification voucher
- Access to our highly-skilled Microsoft Certified Trainers via
our MOC On-Demand Yammer group.
Frequently asked questions about MOC
- After payment is received, you will receive an email with a
course code to redeem, along with other details for getting started
with your course.
- After you activate your course, you have three months to
- You have six months to activate your course after the course
code is purchased.
- Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are modular. Each module
takes between three and eight minutes to watch. And each module
contains one or two questions to test your comprehension. At the
end of the course, you'll find an assessment of at least 25
- For technical support, visit the Microsoft training and certification help
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted – call us to enquire