completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan server upgrade and migration.
- Plan and implement a server deployment strategy.
- Plan and deploy servers by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual
Machine Manager (VMM).
- Design and maintain an IP configuration and address management
- Design and implement name resolution.
- Design and implement an AD DS forest and domain
- Design and implement an AD DS organizational unit (OU)
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object
- Design and implement an AD DS physical topology.
- Plan and implement storage and file services.
- Design and implement network protection.
- Design and implement remote access services.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible
for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical
Windows Server 2012 enterprise Active Directory® Domain Services
(AD DS) infrastructure including the network services necessary.
They have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems
and possess Windows Server 2012 certification Microsoft Certified
Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent skills. The course is also
intended for IT professionals who are looking to take the exam
70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure, as a
stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft
Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure
Candidates for this course have good Windows client and server
operating system knowledge and basic AD DS and networking
experience in an enterprise/small business (SMB) environment
together with application configuration experience.
addition to their professional experience, students who attend this
training should already have the following technical
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet
Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 R2 and
Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user
accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as
authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team.
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate
communication skills to create proposals and make budget
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 R2 MCSA.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by
attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge
- 20410D: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- 20411D: Administering Windows Server 2012
- 20412D: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
- 20417D: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012
MOC On-Demand combines high-quality video, reading, live
hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format to
help you build skills on Microsoft technologies as your
schedule allows-all at once or five minutes at a time. The
modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning
needs and learning style.
The Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning solution enables you to learn
whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is
available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through
a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and
delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
On-Demand products provide:
- Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 90
days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop
when you need to.
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days from the point of
purchase, allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the
- Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they've
mastered the content.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC)
manual for reference both during and after your course.
- A certification voucher
- Access to our highly-skilled Microsoft Certified Trainers via
our MOC On-Demand Yammer group.
Frequently asked questions about MOC
- After payment is received, you will receive an email with a
course code to redeem, along with other details for getting started
with your course.
- After you activate your course, you have three months to
- You have six months to activate your course after the course
code is purchased.
- Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are modular. Each module
takes between three and eight minutes to watch. And each module
contains one or two questions to test your comprehension. At the
end of the course, you'll find an assessment of at least 25
- For technical support, visit the Microsoft training and certification help
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted – call us to enquire