After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS.
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Automate Active Directory administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Implement file and print services.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects
- Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V.
This course is intended for information technology (IT)
professionals who have some knowledge and experience working with
Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and
knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial
configuration of a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2
server in an existing Windows server environment.
Typically, candidates who are interested in attending
this course include:
- Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows
Server administration and related technologies who are looking to
learn more about Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft
technologies, who meet the course prerequisites and are looking to
cross-train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT professionals who are looking to take the Microsoft
Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) 410: Installing and
Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certified
Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop
Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will
also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams. These are a
prerequisite for their individual specialties.
This course requires that student meet the following
prerequisites, including that they have:
- An understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience working with, and configuring, Windows client
operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Additionally, students would benefit from having some previous
Windows Server operating system experience.
MOC On-Demand combines high-quality video, reading, live
hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format to
help you build skills on Microsoft technologies as your
schedule allows-all at once or five minutes at a time. The
modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning
needs and learning style.
The Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning solution enables you to learn
whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is
available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through
a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and
delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
On-Demand products provide:
- Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 90
days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop
when you need to.
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days from the point of
purchase, allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the
- Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they've
mastered the content.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC)
manual for reference both during and after your course.
- A certification voucher
- Access to our highly-skilled Microsoft Certified Trainers via
our MOC On-Demand Yammer group.
Frequently asked questions about MOC
- After payment is received, you will receive an email with a
course code to redeem, along with other details for getting started
with your course.
- After you activate your course, you have three months to
- You have six months to activate your course after the course
code is purchased.
- Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are modular. Each module
takes between three and eight minutes to watch. And each module
contains one or two questions to test your comprehension. At the
end of the course, you'll find an assessment of at least 25
- For technical support, visit the Microsoft training and certification help