After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the core syntax and features of C#.
•Create and call methods, catch and handle exceptions, and
describe the monitoring requirements of large-scale a
• Implement the basic structure and essential elements of a
typical desktop application.
• Create classes, define and implement interfaces, and create and
use generic collections.
• Use inheritance to create a class hierarchy, extend a .NET
Framework class, and create generic classes and methods.
• Read and write data by using file input/output and streams, and
serialize and deserialize data in different formats.
• Create and use an entity data model for accessing a database and
use LINQ to query and update data.
• Use the types in the System.Net namespace and WCF Data Services
to access and query remote data.
• Build a graphical user interface by using XAML.
• Improve the throughput and response time of applications by
using tasks and asynchronous operations.
• Integrate unmanaged libraries and dynamic components into a C#
• Examine the metadata of types by using reflection, create and
use custom attributes, generate code at runtime, and manage
• Encrypt and decrypt data by using symmetric and asymmetric
This course is intended for experienced developers who already
Microsoft Visual Basic, or Java and understand the concepts of
This course is not designed for students who are new to
programming; it is targeted at professional developers with at
least one month of experience programming in an object-oriented
Developers attending this course should already have gained some
limited experience using C# to complete basic programming tasks.
More specifically, students should have hands-on experience using
C# that demonstrates their understanding of the following:
• How to name, declare, initialize and assign values to
variables within an application.
• How to use:
- arithmetic operators to perform arithmetic
calculations involving one or more variables;
- relational operators to test the relationship
between two variables or expressions;
- logical operators to combine expressions that
contain relational operators.
• How to create the code syntax for simple programming statements
using C# language keywords and recognize syntax errors
using the Visual Studio IDE.
• How to create a simple branching structure using an IF
• How to create a simple looping structure using a For statement
to iterate through a data array.
• How to use the Visual Studio IDE to locate simple logic
• How to create a Function that accepts arguments (parameters and
returns a value of a specified type.
• How to design and build a simple user interface using standard
controls from the Visual Studio toolbox.
• How to connect to a SQL Server database and the basics of how to
retrieve and store data.
• How to sort data in a loop.
• How to recognize the classes and methods used in a program.
MOC On-Demand combines high-quality video, reading, live
hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format to
help you build skills on Microsoft technologies as your
schedule allows-all at once or five minutes at a time. The
modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning
needs and learning style.
The Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning solution enables you to learn
whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is
available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through
a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and
delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
On-Demand products provide:
- Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 90
days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop
when you need to.
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days from the point of
purchase, allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the
- Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they've
mastered the content.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC)
manual for reference both during and after your course.
- A certification voucher
Frequently asked questions about MOC
- After payment is received, you will receive an email with a
course code to redeem, along with other details for getting started
with your course.
- After you activate your course, you have three months to
- You have six months to activate your course after the course
code is purchased.
- Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are modular. Each module
takes between three and eight minutes to watch. And each module
contains one or two questions to test your comprehension. At the
end of the course, you'll find an assessment of at least 25
- For technical support, visit the Microsoft training and certification help
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted – call us to enquire