After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Manage Windows Server 2012 by using Windows PowerShell.
- Manage storage in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement network services.
- Implement Remote Access.
- Implement Failover Clustering.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Implement Failover Clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implementing secure data access for users and devices.
- Implement Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT)
Professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2008 or Windows
Server 2008 R2 system administrators who are familiar with carrying
out day to day Windows Server management and maintenance tasks. The
course will update their skill to Windows Server 2012 and Windows
Server 2012 R2. Candidates suitable for this course would be:
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world
experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008
R2 enterprise environment.
- IT professionals who have obtained the credential MCSA: Windows
Server 2008 or have equivalent knowledge.
- IT Professionals wanting to take the Microsoft Certified
Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Data Center, Desktop
Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communication will
also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2012
credential, which is a pre-requisite for their individual
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with day-to-day Windows Server 2008 or Windows
Server 2008 R2 system administration management and maintenance
tasks in an Enterprise environment
- Obtained the credential Microsoft Certified Solutions
Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2008 or have equivalent
Note: It is possible to take this course without having
the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential once the
criteria of equivalent knowledge is met. However subsequent taking
and passing on the 70-417 upgrade exam will not provide the exam
taker with the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. This
credential upgrade path is exclusively for holders of
the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential.
MOC On-Demand combines high-quality video, reading, live
hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format to
help you build skills on Microsoft technologies as your
schedule allows-all at once or five minutes at a time. The
modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning
needs and learning style.
The Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning solution enables you to learn
whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is
available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through
a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and
delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
On-Demand products provide:
- Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 90
days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop
when you need to.
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days from the point of
purchase, allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the
- Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they've
mastered the content.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC)
manual for reference both during and after your course.
- A certification voucher
- Access to our highly-skilled Microsoft Certified Trainers via
our MOC On-Demand Yammer group.
Frequently asked questions about MOC
- After payment is received, you will receive an email with a
course code to redeem, along with other details for getting started
with your course.
- After you activate your course, you have three months to
- You have six months to activate your course after the course
code is purchased.
- Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are modular. Each module
takes between three and eight minutes to watch. And each module
contains one or two questions to test your comprehension. At the
end of the course, you'll find an assessment of at least 25
- For technical support, visit the Microsoft training and certification help