This course is for experienced information technology (IT)
professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop
Administrators (EDAs). These EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs,
devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise
organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or
intends to use, the latest release of Configuration Manager to
manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications.
This course also is for individuals who are interested in taking
Exam 70-703: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and
Cloud Services Integration. Courses 20703-1A and 20703-2A, or
equivalent knowledge and skills, are necessary to prepare for this
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols,
topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and
fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for
Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS,
Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by
attending the following courses or by obtaining equivalent
knowledge and skills through hands-on activities:
- Course 20697-1: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
- Course 20697-2: Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using
- Course 20411: Administering Windows Server 2012