After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2016.
- Design an information architecture for a SharePoint 2016
- Design a logical architecture for a SharePoint 2016
- Design the physical architecture for a SharePoint 2016
- Install and configure SharePoint 2016.
- Create and configure web applications and site
- Plan and configure service applications for a SharePoint 2016
- Manage users and permissions, and secure content in a
SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Configure authentication in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Configure platform and farm-level security in a SharePoint 2016
- Manage information taxonomy in SharePoint web applications and
- Configure and manage user profiles and audiences.
- Configure and manage the search experience in SharePoint
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot a SharePoint 2016
The course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are
interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and
manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in
Students typically have more than one year of hands-on
experience* with planning and maintaining SharePoint and two years'
experience with other core technologies on which SharePoint
depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet
Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later,
Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
- Is an IT professional who plans, implements, and maintains a
multi-server deployment of SharePoint 2016.
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience,
with SharePoint Online.
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint workloads.
- Has experience with business continuity management, including
data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with authentication and security
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell.
* The hands-on experience or job experience should be from a
solutions-based role where the candidate has worked on multiple
solutions in the SharePoint space that includes document
management, content management, and search.
Before attending this course, students must have knowledge
- Software management in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server
2012 R2 enterprise server environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in
- Administering IIS.
- Configuring AD DS for use in authentication, authorization, and
as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell
- Managing databases and server roles in SQL Server.
- Connecting applications to SQL Server.
- Implementing claims-based security.
- Using Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines.
An ideal candidate for this course must have at least one year
of experience with deploying and administering multiple SharePoint
2013 farms across a large enterprise. Because many customers have
not upgraded from SharePoint 2010, a candidate can also have at
least two years of experience with SharePoint 2010. However, they
also must understand the differences between SharePoint 2010 and
SharePoint 2013, particularly in terms of hybridization.
Any Auldhouse course may be delivered as an Auldhouse
Anywhere course giving you access to our award winning classroom
training from your office, home or our Auldhouse Training
We use video/audio classroom software to provide an instructor led
fully interactive, live virtual training experience
Learn more about our AULDHOUSE ANYWHERE solution
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted – call us to enquire