After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan the components of a BI solution.
- Plan a BI infrastructure.
- Design a data warehouse.
- Design an ETL solution.
- Plan analytical data models.
- Plan a BI delivery solution.
- Design a Reporting Services solution.
- Design an Excel reporting solution.
- Plan a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Monitor and optimize a BI solution.
- Plan for BI operations
This course is intended for BI professionals such as BI
Architects or database professionals who need to design BI
solutions. BI Architects are responsible for the overall design of
the BI infrastructure, including how it relates to other data
systems in use. In addition, their responsibilities include Online
Analytical Processing (OLAP) cube design and integration with
Microsoft SharePoint or line-of-business applications
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic understanding of dimensional modeling (star schema) for
- The ability to create Integration Services packages that
include control flows and data flows.
- The ability to create a basic multidimensional cube with
- The ability to create a basic tabular model with PowerPivot and
- The ability to create Reporting Services reports with Report
- The ability to implement authentication and permissions in the
SQL Server database engine, Analysis Services, and Reporting
- Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office
applications, particularly Excel