After completing this course, students will
be able to:
- Plan and perform the installation of Windows 8.
- Install Windows 8 on computers that are running an existing
- Administer Windows 8 with administration tools, Group
Policy, Windows Intune and Windows PowerShell
- Implement an application strategy for Windows 8.
- Configure and control applications, application
compatibility and Internet Explorer
- Enable Windows 8 remote access with VPNs and
- Implement and manage storage in Windows 8 including BitLocker
- Determine how to recover Windows 8 from various failures.
- Implement Client Hyper-V and VHDs for Windows 8 and use it
to support legacy applications.
- Use the boot from VHD feature to test online features of
The primary audience for this
course is information technology (IT) professionals who are
experienced Windows 7 administrators or support technicians and
want to update their skills to Windows 8 and associated
administration tools and cloud services.
The secondary audience for
this course includes certification candidates who have an existing
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) level certification for
Windows 7 and who want to migrate their current credentials to the
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) for Windows 8.
Before attending this course,
students should understand:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control
Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP),
and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles
- Understanding of the purpose and use of Public Key
Infrastructure (PKI) Certificate Services.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows Client fundamentals; for example, working
knowledge of Windows XP, Windows Vista, and/or Windows 7.
- Fundamentals of management and experience using the Microsoft
Office 2010 system or the Microsoft Office 2007 system.
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) components including
Windows PE, Windows SIM, VAMT, ImageX, USMT, and DISM concepts and
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted – call us to enquire