After completing this course, students will be able
- Understand available solutions for identity management and be
able to address scenarios with appropriate solutions.
- Deploy and administer AD DS in Windows Server 2012.
- Secure AD DS deployment.
- Implement AD DS sites, configure and manage replication
- Implement and manage Group Policy
- Manage user settings with Group Policy
- Implement certification authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS and
how to manage CAs.
- Implement, deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and manage AD RMS.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Secure and provision data access using technologies such as
Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders and Workplace Join
- Monitor, troubleshoot and establish business continuity for AD
- Implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Lightweight Directory
Services (AD LDS).
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT)
professionals who have Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
experience and are looking for a single course that will further
develop knowledge and skills using Access and Information
Protection technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server
This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to further develop skills
in the latest Access and Information Protection technologies with
Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- System or Infrastructure administrators with general AD DS
experience and knowledge who are looking to build upon that core
knowledge and cross-train into advanced Active Directory
technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who have taken the 10967A: Fundamentals of a
Windows Server Infrastructure course and are looking to build upon
that Active Directory knowledge.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience working with AD DS.
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure
- Experience working with and troubleshooting core networking
infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP Addressing,
Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Experience with Hyper-V and Server Virtualization concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of general security best
- Experience working hands on with Windows Client operating
systems such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.