After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy
with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management
Services (AD RMS).
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD
This course is primarily intended for existing IT professionals
who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop
knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server
2016. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and
access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS
experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and
advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or
Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals
who are looking to consolidate their knowledge about AD DS and
related technologies, in addition to IT professionals who want to
prepare for the 70-742 exam.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Some exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and
technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or
Windows Server 2016
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies
such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft
Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating
systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line
This class prepares you for Microsoft 70-742 certification exam,
Identity with Windows Server 2016.
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted – call us to enquire