After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the different virtualization options.
- Install and manage Hyper-V on Windows Server 2016.
- Install and configure System Center 2016 Virtual Machine
- Manage storage fabric and fabric updates.
- Configure and manage the Virtual Machine Manager library and
- Manage the networking fabric.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine
- Manage clouds in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage services in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Monitor avirtualization infrastructure by using
System Center Operations Manager.
- Implement and manage Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by
using Data Protection Manager.
This course is intended for
IT professionals and administrators who are responsible for
designing, implementing, and managing virtualization infrastructure
in a software-defined datacenter by using System Center 2016
Virtual Machine Manager. The main focus of this course is on
managing Hyper-V virtualization infrastructure in Windows Server
2016, although the course also covers other virtualization
platforms that can be managed by using Virtual Machine Manager
In addition to their professional experience, students who
attend this training should already have the following technical
An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
An understanding of different storage technologies and
Familiarity with different types of virtualizations
Familiarity with Windows Server and Windows Server
An understanding of Windows PowerShell
Students should have the ability to work in a team/virtual team
and possess good documentation and communication skills.
Students who attend this training can meet the
prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining
equivalent knowledge and skills: