completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe an enterprise data center.
- Plan and implement a server virtualization strategy using
System Center 2012.
- Plan and implement the network and storage infrastructure
required to deploy a virtualized server infrastructure.
- Plan and deploy virtual machines on Windows Hyper-V.
- Plan and implement a virtualization administration solution by
using System Center 2012.
- Plan and implement a server monitoring strategy using the
Windows Server 2012 tools and using Microsoft System Center
2012 - Operations Manager.
- Plan and implement an application and a file services
infrastructure that is highly available.
- Plan and implement a highly available server infrastructure by
using the failover clustering features in Windows
- Plan and implement a business continuity strategy in a Windows
Server 2012 environment.
- Plan and implement a PKI deployment, and plan and implement a
certificate management solution.
- Plan and implement an AD FS server deployment and claims
aware application access.
- Plan and implement Dynamic Access Control, Workplace Join and
- Plan and implement an AD RMS deployment, plan and manage AD RMS
templates and access, and plan and implement external access to AD
course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals
who are responsible for planning, designing and deploying a
physical and logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise and Active
Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructures including
the network services. Candidates would typically have experience of
previous Windows Server operating systems and have Windows
Server 2012 certification (MCSA) or equivalent skills.
secondary audience for this course will be candidates are IT
professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-414: Implementing
an Advanced Enterprise Server Infrastructure, as a stand-alone, or
as part of the requirement for the MCSE certification.
attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- An understanding of Windows Server 2012 and AD DS,
including planning, designing and deploying.
- An understanding of scripts and batch files.
- An understanding of security concepts such as authentication
- An understanding of deployment, packaging, and imaging
- Experience working in a team or a virtual team.
- Achieved the Windows Server 2012 MCSA certification as
well as information in the course 20413C: Designing and
Implementing an Enterprise Server Infrastructure.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for
hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
(MCSE): Exam 414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure,
which is the fifth of five exams required for MCSE: Server
Infrastructure certification. NOTE: Labs in this
course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012
R2. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who
support medium to large enterprises and have experience
administering Windows Server 2012 R2 and have an MCSA: Windows
Server 2012 certification or equivalent skills.