After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and implement an IPv4 network.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement and manage IP address management (IPAM).
- Plan for remote access.
- Implement DirectAccess.
- Implement virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement networking for branch offices.
- Configure advanced networking features.
- Implement software defined networking.
This course is intended for existing IT professionals who have
some networking knowledge and experience and are looking for a
single course that provides insight into core and advanced
networking technologies in Windows Server 2016. This audience would
- Network administrators who are looking to reinforce existing
skills and learn about new networking technology changes and
functionality in Windows Server 2016.
- System or Infrastructure Administrators with general networking
knowledge who are looking to gain core and advanced networking
knowledge and skills on Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course is those IT professionals
who are looking to take the MCSA 70-741: Networking with Windows
Server 2016 exam.
In addition to professional experience, students who attend this
training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure
- Knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model
- Understanding of core networking infrastructure components and
technologies such as cabling, routers, hubs, and switches
- Familiarity with networking topologies and architectures such
as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and
- Some basic knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack, addressing
and name resolution
- Experience with and knowledge of Hyper-V and
- Hands-on experience working with the Windows client operating
systems such as Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
This course prepares you for the MCSA 70-741: Networking with
Windows Server 2016 exam.
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted – call us to enquire