After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Conceive a Project (Initiate)
- Select, prioritize and define projects.
- Evaluate prospective projects in terms of financial and other
business case criteria.
- Prepare project charters.
- Identify, analyze and engage with project stakeholders.
- Develop a Project (Plan).
- Prepare project work breakdown structures.
- Estimate project costs.
- Develop and analyze project network diagrams.
- Prepare task schedules and Gantt charts.
- Smooth, level, procure and allocate resources.
- Pre-empt threats and opportunities (risk
- Execute a Project (Implement)
- Lead, motivate and build a project team.
- Delegate and outsource project work.
- Monitor, control and report progress and manage risks,
issues, variations and variance.
- Undertake trade-offs among project parameters.
- Apply Earned Value Management techniques.
- Finish a Project (Closure)
- Successfully close a project.
- Evaluate and report project performance.
- Understand the principles of effective change management
(product adoption) and benefits realization.
The course is best suited to those who are new to project
management or those who are currently involved in managing projects
but have no formal training in this discipline.