After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define a prospective project in sufficient detail for its
- Complete a Force Field Analysis (FFA) and prepare an outline
- Evaluate project options using a decision matrix and apply
- Gather and prioritise project requirements (product features
- Prepare a project charter.
- Identify and analyse project stakeholders.
- Set SMART goals and prioritise objectives (parameters) using
- Prepare a Work Breakdown Structure(WBS).
- Apply estimating tools and techniques.
- Construct and analyse network diagrams.
- Prepare Gantt charts
- Undertake resource levelling and resource-constrained
- Complete a time-cost trade-off analysis.
- Manage project risks, issues and variations.
- Monitor and control project implementation.
- Minimise and manage cost and schedule variance, and change
- Delegate tasks, motivate team members, and defeat
- Manage project team meetings, defeat "groupthink", and manage
personal time and productivity.
- Apply Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Understand the principles and processes of change management
(product adoption) and business case benefit
The course is ideal for new project managers who wish to enhance
the effectiveness and efficiency of their project management
endeavours through the effective use of proven tools and