- 3 Days
- Testing is a key part of development lifecycles, from checking your functional requirements actually work to constraining development to keep code focused and concise (TDD). Security testing however is often not conducted inside our lifecycles. We often wait until development is completed and ask third party penetration testing firms to find our issues for us. This is a particularly bad idea in fast paced development teams. Bugs are often missed or are found too late to remediate. Cost of remediation escalates and our systems become tightly coupled and increasingly fragile as a result.Why would we want to finish engineering before finding fundamental security issues? Shouldn't we try to find these as early and often as possible? Shouldn't we take every opportunity to identify security flaws in our applications? SafeStack helps teams weave security testing into their own testing lifecycles and tool chains without compromising agility or innovation.
This course is aligned with the Open Web Application Security
Project (OWASP) top 10 application security vulnerabilities. These
- Broken Authentication and Session Management
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Insecure Direct Object References
- Security Misconfiguration
- Sensitive Data Exposure
- Missing Function Level Access Control
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Using Components with Known Vulnerabilities
- Unvalidated Redirects and Forwards
Who Should Attend
- This course is suitable for software testers, testing leads and
those roles that conduct or support software testing as part of
their day to day activities.
- Security managers and specialists who wish to support agile
development lifecycles will also benefit from this course.
Register now for this course
Please take special note of the course prerequisites as it is important that you meet these requirements before attending the course. If you have any questions about dates or locations please dont hesitate to make an enquiry contact us on 0800 835 835.
No classes currently scheduledEnquire about this course
Interested in a private class? Enquire about a private class