After completing this course, students will have:
- Essential skills and competencies to deliver efficient and
effective support in the Service Desk environment
- Practical knowledge of how to use these skills to deal
effectively with a variety of situations
- A clear understanding of how to identify customer needs and
motivations, and how to handle difficult situations
- Understand the importance of teamwork in the support
- A thorough grounding in the skills, competencies,
responsibilities and knowledge required of a professional and
effective Service Desk analyst
1st line IT support, Helpdesk/Service Desk and support analysts
with at least 9 months experience in an IT service and support
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Holders become qualified 'SDI - Service Desk Analyst'
A closed book, multiple-choice exam is taken at the end of the
course. The exam lasts one hour and consists of 60 questions. 45
out of 60 marks are required to pass (75%). For those delegates
answering 52 or more questions correctly (87%), a higher mastery
pass mark is awarded.