An RHCSA certification is earned when an IT professional
demonstrates the core system administration skills required in Red
Hat® Enterprise Linux® environments.
An RHCSA is able to perform the following tasks:
• Understand and use essential tools for handling files,
directories, command-line environments,
• Operate running systems, including booting into different run
levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual
machines, and controlling services.
• Configure local storage using partitions and logical
• Create and configure file systems and file system attributes,
such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network
• Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software
installation, update, and core services.
• Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized
directory for authentication.
• Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux
The following courses help you prepare for this certification: