After completing this course, students will be able to
- ITIL's key concepts, definitions and objectives
- ITIL's service-driven lifecycle approach and the five key
stages of this model
- Structure, components and processes of the five core ITIL
- For each of the five core books in the service lifecycle:
- High level description of the main activities, goals, benefits,
challenges and management reporting for the respective
- Outline of relationships between the ITIL processes
- Overview of ITIL certifications: Foundation, Intermediate and
- How ITIL processes can improve IT operations
ITIL Foundation is suitable for anyone working in IT services
requiring more information about the ITIL best practice framework.
The ITIL Foundation Certification is also suitable for individuals
who are ITIL V2 certified and wish to upgrade their knowledge to
There are no mandatory prerequisites. Work experience in IT
Services is recommended. You must achieve a passing mark of 65% to
receive your certificate.
Exam, Certifications & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading
to the Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management. A
60-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is scheduled on the
last day of the course, and is administered by an independent
examination body. For online courses, the exam may be scheduled and
completed online. A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your
certificate. A sample exam is delivered during the course to help
prepare attendees for the final exam
- 2 ITIL credits
- You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for
- You will attain 1.8 Continuing Education Units
Course & Instructor Accreditation
Pink Elephant is globally accredited to provide ITIL education
for the certification program. The organization is accredited by
the Examination Institute for Information Science (EXIN), the
Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB), Loyalist
Certification Services (LCS) and PEOPLECERT.
Your instructor is a highly experienced member of Pink
Elephant's consulting team. Further, he or she is qualified to
teach this course as defined by Pink Elephant's internal Certified
Trainer Program. This knowledge is a direct result of Pink
Elephant's vendor neutrality - as well as many years of experience
implementing ITIL processes in a variety of organizations
Let our expert ITIL trainers come to you.
Our on-site ITIL training service is a cost-effective training
option for organisations wishing to train multiple team members at
the same time. We provide the training materials and trainer -
you provide the training facilities.
for more information.