After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Review basic Windows Store app concepts and how Windows Store
apps integrate with the Windows 8.1 ecosystem.
- Explore the built-in WinRT animation library and storyboards,
and apply transitions and transformations.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI and apply language-specific
formatting to a multi-lingual app.
- Create and present a successful splash screen, and
differentiate your app with branding.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching
strategy for their app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Work with custom and template controls, and create and consume
a WinRT component.
- Print using the Printing API and explore the Play To API.
- Explore the Push Notification Service (WNS), and work with push
- Use the CameraCaptureUI API and the MediaCapture API.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover sensors, test their availability, and handle sensor
events and device availability, and enumerate devices and their
capabilities and properties and use the capabilities.
This course is intended for professional developers who
have one or more years of experience creating applications for a
production environment and who are comfortable programming in C#
and XAML to create Windows Store apps.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- 6 - 12 months experience programming in C#
- 3 - 6 months experience using Visual Studio 2013 (including
experience using preview builds)
- 1 month of experience working on Windows Store apps