After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore ASP.NET Web applications in Microsoft Visual Studio
- Create Web applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
and Microsoft .NET-based languages.
- Create a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form.
- Add functionality to a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form.
- Implement master pages and user controls.
- Validate user input.
- Debug Microsoft ASP.NET Web applications.
- Manage data in an ASP.NET 3.5 Web application.
- Manage data access tasks by using LINQ.
- Manage data by using ASP.NET Dynamic Data.
- Create a Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX application.
- Consume and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Manage state in Web applications.
- Configure and deploy a Microsoft ASP.NET Web application.
- Secure a Microsoft ASP.NET Web application.
- Implement new technologies supported by Visual Studio 2010 for
This course is intended for Web developers who are beginners and
have knowledge of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) or Dynamic HTML
(DHTML), along with some knowledge of a scripting language such as
Visual Basic Scripting Edition or Microsoft Jscript.
Students are required to have the following skills:
- Ability to construct a simple Web page using a Microsoft or 3rd
Party tool. For example, create or customize a Web Page on a
Before attending this course, students must have at least one
month of experience in .NET technologies. In addition to their
professional experience, students who attend this training should
have the following technical knowledge:
- Knowledge of HTML or DHTML, including:
- Programming experience using Visual Basic .NET or Visual C#
- Declaring variables
- Using loops
- Using conditional statements