After completing this course, students will be able
- Configure and Troubleshoot Domain Name System
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services
- Manage User and Service Accounts
- Implement Group Policy Infrastructure
- Manage User Desktops using Group Policy
- Install, Configure and Troubleshoot Network Policy Server
- Implement Network Access Protection
- Implement Remote Access
- Optimize File Services
- Configure Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Deploy and Maintain Server Images
- mplement Update Managements
- Monitor Windows Server 2012
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT)
Professionals with hands on experience working in a Windows server
2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment who wish to acquire the
skills and knowledge necessary to be able to manage and maintain
the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 and
Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
The key focus for students is to broaden the initial deployment
of Windows Server 2012 services and infrastructure and provide the
skills necessary to Manage and Maintain a domain based Windows
Server 2012 environment, providing skills in areas such as User and
Group management, Network Access and Data Security.
Candidates typically interested in attending this course
- Windows Server Administrators experienced in working with
Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 who wish to gain skills
necessary to perform daily management and maintenance tasks in a
Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the 411, Administering
Windows Server 2012 exam
- IT professional wishing to take the Microsoft Certified
Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop
Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will
also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a
pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
Before attending this course, students must have:
Knowledge and skills concerning the initial implementation and
configuration of core Windows Server services including Active
Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Networking Services and
The course pre-requisites can be met by having knowledge
equivalent to, or by attendance at course 20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server
2012 as this course will build upon knowledge and skills
covered in that course.
MOC On-Demand combines high-quality video, reading, live
hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format to
help you build skills on Microsoft technologies as your
schedule allows-all at once or five minutes at a time. The
modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning
needs and learning style.
The Microsoft MOC On-Demand learning solution enables you to learn
whenever, and wherever, is convenient for you. All learning is
available 24/7, accessed securely via a single user sign-on through
a Microsoft hosted web portal. The content is recorded and
delivered by engaging Microsoft experts.
On-Demand products provide:
- Access to the official Microsoft MOC On-Demand Course for 90
days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop
when you need to.
- Access to Microsoft Labs-on-line for 90 days from the point of
purchase, allowing you to gain hands-on experience with the
- Knowledge checks: immediate feedback tells learners if they've
mastered the content.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC)
manual for reference both during and after your course.
- A certification voucher
Frequently asked questions about MOC
- After payment is received, you will receive an email with a
course code to redeem, along with other details for getting started
with your course.
- After you activate your course, you have three months to
- You have six months to activate your course after the course
code is purchased.
- Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are modular. Each module
takes between three and eight minutes to watch. And each module
contains one or two questions to test your comprehension. At the
end of the course, you'll find an assessment of at least 25
- For technical support, visit the Microsoft training and certification help