After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the core SharePoint 2016 architecture and its new and
- Describe the key hybrid features in SharePoint 2016.
- Plan and design a SharePoint 2016 environment to meet
requirements for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Plan and implement Business Connectivity Services and Secure
- Configure and manage productivity services for a SharePoint
- Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Plan and configure social computing features.
- Plan and configure web content management for an
- Plan and configure Enterprise Content Management in a
SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Plan and configure business intelligence solutions.
- Plan and configure work management, productivity, and
collaboration platforms and features.
- Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint 2016.
The course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are
interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and
manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in
Students typically have more than one year of hands-on
experience* with planning and maintaining SharePoint and two years'
experience with other core technologies on which SharePoint
depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet
Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later,
Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
- Is an IT professional who plans, implements, and maintains a
multi-server deployment of SharePoint 2016.
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience,
with SharePoint Online.
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint workloads.
- Has experience with business continuity management, including
data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with authentication and security
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell.
* The hands-on experience or job experience should be from a
solutions-based role where the candidate has worked on multiple
solutions in the SharePoint space that includes document
management, content management, and search.
An ideal candidate for this course must have at least one year
experience with deploying and administering multiple SharePoint
Server 2013 farms across a large enterprise. The candidate should
have completed Course 20339-1: Planning and Administering Microsoft
SharePoint 2016, or should demonstrate equivalent skills
Before attending this course, students must demonstrate the
- At least a one-year experience of mapping business requirements
to both logical and physical technical designs.
- Working knowledge of network design, including network
- Software management experience in a Windows Server 2012 R2
enterprise server or Windows Server 2016 environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in
- Administering IIS.
- Configuring AD DS for use in authentication and authorization,
and as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell
2.0 or later.
- Connecting applications to SQL Server.
- Implementing claims-based security.
Any Auldhouse course may be delivered as an Auldhouse
Anywhere course giving you access to our award winning classroom
training from your office, home or our Auldhouse Training
We use video/audio classroom software to provide an instructor led
fully interactive, live virtual training experience
Learn more about our AULDHOUSE ANYWHERE solution
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted – call us to enquire