After completing this course, students will
be able to:
- Describe the apps for SharePoint development platform.
- Use the client-side object models and the REST API to
communicate with SharePoint.
- Configure security for apps for SharePoint.
- Optimize the performance of apps for SharePoint.
- Explain the capabilities and applications of managed metadata
in SharePoint 2013.
- Automate the creation and configuration of managed metadata
- Interact with managed metadata term sets and fields from
client-side and server-side code.
- Describe the SharePoint 2013 Search Architecture.
- Build simple and advanced KQL Queries.
- Describe the SharePoint Search Index.
- Describe and work with crawled and managed properties.
- Describe the levels and security of the SharePoint Search
- Create various types of result sources
- Create basic and complex query transforms
- Configure query rule conditions and actions to target query
- Create and modify result types
- Create and modify display templates
- Utilize display templates with various search web parts
- Add managed properties as refiners with counts
- Utilize entity extraction in your crawls
- Extend content processing with Content Enrichment
- Describe how to utilize the Publishing API to access publishing
settings and content.
- Describe how to use and customize page content controls in
- Configure website structure and navigation.
- Describe the difference between structured and metadata
- Utilize basic publishing features of SharePoint.
- Use the new cross-site publishing features of SharePoint
- Configure and implement variations for multilingual sites.
- Configure search engine optimization settings.
- Add SEO Properties to publishing pages and Managed Navigation
- Configure caching to improve site rendering performance.
- Optimize site assets and resources to maximize
- Describe the key components of Business Connectivity Services
in SharePoint Server 2013.
- Create and configure BDC models by using SharePoint
- Create and configure BDC models by using Visual Studio
- Describe BCS Connector Framework scenarios.
- Design and Develop BCS Connector stereotyped operations.
- Design and Configure BDC model security.
- Optimize Search Connector crawl performance.
- Use Visual Studio to build BDC Models for Search.
- Deploy BDC Search connectors.
- Debug and troubleshoot your search connectors.
- Design and deploy BDC event subscriber methods.
- Describe how to format event notification messages.
- Configure alerts and event receivers on external lists.
- Explain how user profile data is used in SharePoint.
- Describe the options and restrictions for accessing user
- Use client-side code to access and server-side code to access
and update user profile data.
- Configure and manage user profile properties.
- Describe how to identify, diagnose, and remove bugs in
SharePoint apps during development.
- Describe how to record information about issues that arise in
deployed SharePoint apps.
- Describe how developers optimize the performance of SharePoint
apps by implementing best practices, measuring performance, and
The course is intended for professional developers who develop
solutions for SharePoint products and technologies in a team-based,
medium-sized to large development environment. The course is
ideally suited to SharePoint developers who have gained some
experience with SharePoint 2013 and who are looking to build on
their existing skills.
Before attending this course, students must
- Completed course 20488A: Developing Microsoft SharePoint
Server 2013 Core Solutions (or equivalent knowledge).
- A working knowledge of using Visual Studio 2010 or Visual
Studio 2012 to develop solutions.
- A basic working knowledge of SharePoint solution development,
either in SharePoint 2013 or in earlier versions of
- A working knowledge of Visual C# and the .NET Framework
- A basic understanding of ASP.NET and server-side web
development technologies, including request/response and the page
- A basic working knowledge of client-side web technologies
Any Auldhouse course may be delivered as an Auldhouse
Anywhere course giving you access to our award winning classroom
training from your office, home or our Auldhouse Training
We use video/audio classroom software to provide an instructor led
fully interactive, live virtual training experience
Learn more about our AULDHOUSE ANYWHERE solution