After completing this course, students will be able
- Design and manage features and solutions.
- Develop code for custom server-side components.
- Manage and customize authentication and
- Create custom sites and lists and manage the site
- Explain the capabilities and design choices for SharePoint
- Use the client-side object model and the REST API.
- Develop provider-hosted and auto-hosted SharePoint
- Distribute and deploy SharePoint apps.
- Create custom workflows to automate business
- Use fields and content types to manage taxonomy.
- Customize the appearance and behaviour of user interface
- Customize navigation and site branding.
The course is intended for professional developers who develop
solutions for SharePoint products and technologies in a team-based,
medium-sized to large development environment. While some
familiarity with SharePoint solution development is required,
candidates are not expected to have prior experience with the new
features in SharePoint Server 2013.
The ideal candidate is a technical lead with at least four years
of SharePoint and web development experience. The candidate is
responsible for designing custom code for projects that are
deployed to or interact with SharePoint environments. This
- Selecting an appropriate approach and building customizations
- Creating and implementing a strategy for solution packaging,
deployment, and upgrading.
- Identifying SharePoint data and content structures for
- Performing diagnostics and debugging.
- Planning and designing applications for scalability and
- Identifying and mitigating performance issues of
- Understanding authentication and authorization.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Broad familiarity with SharePoint capabilities.
- Familiarity with Online Services such as Azure and SharePoint
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A working knowledge of using Visual Studio 2010 or Visual
Studio 2012 to develop solutions.
- A basic working knowledge of SharePoint solution development,
either in SharePoint 2013 or in earlier versions of
- A working knowledge of Visual C# and the .NET Framework
- A basic understanding of ASP.NET and server-side web
development technologies, including request/response and the page
- A basic understanding of AJAX and asynchronous programming
- A basic working knowledge of client-side web technologies
- Familiarity with approaches to authentication and
authorization, including claims-based authentication.
Any Auldhouse course may be delivered as an Auldhouse
Anywhere course giving you access to our award winning classroom
training from your office, home or our Auldhouse Training
We use video/audio classroom software to provide an instructor led
fully interactive, live virtual training experience
Learn more about our AULDHOUSE ANYWHERE solution
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted
Software Assurance Training Vouchers accepted – call us to enquire