After completing this course, students will be able
- Assess the network and application environment.
- Determine an appropriate operating system deployment
- Assess application compatibility issues and identify mitigation
- Plan and implement a user state migration strategy.
- Determine an appropriate image management strategy.
- Describe and use the tools in the Windows ADK.
- Support PXE-initiated and multicast solutions.
- Implement operating system deployments by using the MDT.
- Implement operating system deployments by using Configuration
- Integrate the MDT with Configuration Manager for operating
- Implement volume license activation.
- Deploy Office 2016 and enterprise applications.
This five-day course is for IT professionals who deploy,
manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and apps across medium, large,
and enterprise organizations. Typically, this course's audience has
a desktop-support background, and have worked
as Enterprise Desktop Administrators. A
significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use
Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and
enterprise applications. The Enterprise Desktop Administrator also
might use several tools, including the Windows ADK and the MDT to
support assessment, operating system, and application deployment
tasks. Additionally, this course is for individuals who are
interested in taking the MCSE exam 70-695: Deploying
Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications.
Before attending this course, students must
System administrator-level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols,
topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles
and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for
Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the management tasks that you can
perform by using Configuration Manager.