By the end of this training course participants will be able
• Explain the different attitudes, skills, and knowledge a
professional trainer needs to be successful.
• List the roles and responsibilities of a professional
• Explain the importance of the seven characteristics of
• Explain how adults learn.
• Identify the three most common learning styles and select
appropriate learning strategies to accommodate each style.
• Use Neuro-linguistic Patterning techniques to engage
• Determine if a performance issue is a genuine training need
• Determine whether to design materials in house or purchase
off the shelf materials.
• Write observable performance objectives.
• Identify appropriate training methods.
• Get training sessions off to a good start.
• Use introductions and summaries to reinforce
• Facilitate activities, role plays, and icebreakers.
• Use their body language and voice tone effectively.
• Handle pre-training nervousness.
• Use techniques to get participants back on time from breaks
• Identify tough participants and use appropriate techniques
to manage them.
• Explain how Gen X and Gen Y Generations prefer to
Participants wanting to develop skills for training staff
effectively using diverse abilities and different learning